Funding Your USciences Online Education
There’s more than one way to fund your education at USciences Online. We’ve outlined several options to consider for your degree or certificate.
Mix and Match
Your payment options for USciences Online can include any combination of the following, depending on the level of your degree:
- Direct payments via check or credit card
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) funds
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans (for Federal Student Aid-eligible students)
- Federal Graduate PLUS Loans
- Alternative Education Loans
- Employer tuition assistance programs
- Private student loans
Before your online class begins, be sure to make your payment and complete any requirements for loan funding.
Applying for Financial Aid
You may qualify for financial aid in the form of federal student loans. To apply, first determine if you are Federal Student Aid-eligible. If so, complete the following:
- USciences Online Graduate Aid Form—(For graduate degrees only) This articulates your enrollment plans so USciences can accurately process your financial aid request.
2020-21 FAFSA—Use USciences’ federal school code, 003353, along with your existing FSA ID if you have one. The FSA ID is a username and password that gives you access to Federal Student Aid’s online systems. If you haven’t created one, you can do so here.
Federal Unsubsidized Direct Loans
Eligible borrowers can obtain these loans with no credit check or cosigner required. Loan features include:
- Maximum amount of $20,500/year (if you haven’t yet reached the aggregate maximum of $138,500)
- Interest rate of 6.1% fixed
- Origination fee of approximately 1% of principal
Additional Loan Funding
If you need to further supplement your educational funding, consider these loan options:
Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan
- For graduate degrees only
- Interest rate of 7.1%
- Origination fee of about 4.25% of principal
- Borrow up to the Cost of Attendance
- Graduate PLUS Loan request (credit check for adverse credit history)
- Graduate PLUS Master Promissory Note (MPN)
You may apply for an alternative/private education loan with any lender of your choice. Lenders typically perform a credit check.
You’ll find a list of alternative/private loan options most commonly used at USciences at elmselect.com. Interest rates, co-signers, origination fees, and minimum enrollment status all vary by lender.
If you are approved for an alternative/private loan, you will need to complete:
- Promissory note
- Other documentation assigned by the lender, including a self-certification form
More on Student Loans
Educational loans may only be borrowed/certified for one academic year at a time. USciences will still certify enrollment each year for loans from lenders who offer multi-year approvals.
USciences recommends that you plan to apply for the entire loan amount you will need to cover the duration of your degree program. The Financial Aid Office will process a loan for the entire period and schedule equal disbursements to pay toward your charges.
As with funding, USciences offers options for making direct payments:
Here to Help
Funding a college education often involves many steps and forms. You don’t have to navigate the process alone. Call or email your USciences Student Success Coach for assistance and answers.