Telehealth, electronic health records, and other data-driven innovations are revolutionizing healthcare as we know it. Stand out as a valued expert by earning your advanced degree in Health Informatics from USciences Online with Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
A Deeper Dive into Data
How does informatics influence healthcare? How can data improve care efficiency, cost, and quality? Accomplished informatics specialists will guide you through these and other questions as you elevate your skills and deepen your understanding in a rapidly changing field. From healthcare legislation to data standards, your online courses will prepare you to assess needs across healthcare systems and establish informatics-related solutions and interventions.
- 12 Courses8 weeks each
- 36 Credits3 per course
- 12 Terms1 course per term
Courses, Electives and Curriculum
Earn your Masters degree on your schedule through our 100% online, career-focused curriculum. You’ll examine current challenges and identify future opportunities in healthcare informatics via the following required courses:
- Introduction to Health Informatics*
- Understanding Health Information Systems*
- Data Management & Utilization*
- Strategic Planning in Healthcare Informatics*
- Advanced Technology in Healthcare Informatics
- Connected Health and Patient Engagement
- Data Management and Clinical Decision Support
- Project and Change Management in Healthcare Informatics
- Research Methods in Health Care Informatics
- U.S. Healthcare Policy and Politics in Informatics
Elective courses (choose two):
- Public Health Informatics and Telehealth
- Healthcare Quality Improvement
- Intro to Genomics
- Introduction to Data Science
- Introduction to Health Delivery and Administration
- Business Communication for Healthcare Administrators
*These four courses must be taken in sequence.
You’ll also have access to internships offering hands-on experience and new professional connections.
Careers and Outcomes
The field of health informatics is booming. Employment of health informatics technicians is estimated to grow 11% from 2018 to 2028—much faster than the average for all other occupations. Your Masters from USciences Online prepares you to take the next step as a healthcare or IT professional. You’ll gain advanced knowledge around data collection and analysis that supports improvements at the local, national, and international levels. You’ll play an essential role in healthcare providers' transition to electronic health records and other technology systems that lead to total interoperability.
- Will possess an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Will have earned an undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.3
- May transfer up to 12 credits of prior coursework with grades of 2.3 or better upon admission
- May submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended directly to GradCAS Transcript Processing Center, PO Box 9217, Watertown, MA 02471
For International Students:
- TOEFL score of at least 80, OR
- IELTS score of at least 6.5, OR
- Have completed an undergraduate degree from an English-speaking college or university. If the institution is in the U.S., the institution must be regionally accredited.
Establish yourself as a leading expert capable of improving patient outcomes with a Master degree in Healthcare Informatics from USciences Online.