Improving patient outcomes requires a mastery of information, collection and management tactics, and related policies. Expand your knowledge and increase your professional value with a Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics from USciences Online with Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
From Information to Insights
Whether you work in healthcare, data science, or both, earning a USciences Online Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics deepens your understanding of data collection and analysis, policies and regulations, strategic planning, and more. You’ll learn about the concepts and precepts of modern health information technology, developing the skills to impact clinical decision-making and improve patient outcomes across numerous healthcare settings.
- 4 Courses8 weeks each
- 12 Credits3 per course
- 2+ Termsup to 2 courses per term
Courses, Electives and Curriculum
Our 100% online, career-focused courses offer practical learning around the challenges and opportunities in health information technology.
Required courses (must be taken in this sequence):
- Introduction to Health Informatics
- Understanding Health Information Systems
- Data Management and Utilization
- Strategic Planning in Health Informatics
Careers and Outcomes
Employment of health information technicians is projected to grow 11% from 2018 to 2028—much faster than the average of other occupations. By earning this certificate, you’ll demonstrate your ability to evaluate large data sets, apply findings in developing healthcare solutions, and effectively communicate between IT and healthcare professionals. You’ll have opportunities to play a crucial role in the progression—and success—of telehealth, public health informatics, population health, and other rapidly evolving fields.
- Will possess an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Will have earned an undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.3
- May transfer up to 3 credits of prior coursework with grades of 2.3 or better upon admission
- May submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended directly to GradCAS Transcript Processing Center, PO Box 9217, Watertown, MA 02471
For International Students:
- TOEFL score of at least 80, OR
- IELTS score of at least 6.5, OR
- Have completed an undergraduate degree from an English-speaking college or university. If the institution is in the U.S., the institution must be regionally accredited.
Learn from accomplished, experienced faculty and push your career forward with a Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics from USciences Online.