There’s never been a better time to invest in your health administration career, as demand for management-level positions has jumped 25% over the past five years. Gain the in-depth knowledge needed to advance with your master’s degree from USciences Online with Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Excel in a Booming Field
You care about preparing health systems to best meet community health needs. You’re driven to improve outcomes. Now, discover how to increase your impact from the premier institution operating at the nexus of healthcare and business. The USciences Online MS in Health Administration program expands your understanding of U.S. healthcare delivery—present and future. Learn from expert faculty in rigorous courses addressing real-world challenges and through internships offering hands-on experience.
- 12 Courses8 weeks each
- 36 Credits3 per course
- 12 Terms1 course per term
Courses, Electives and Curriculum
Our 100% online, career-focused curriculum includes practical coursework based on American College of Healthcare Executives competencies.
- Introduction to Health Delivery and Administration
- Understanding Health Information Systems
- Healthcare Law, Regulation & Ethics
- Healthcare Quality Improvement
- Advanced Financial Management in Healthcare
- Healthcare Marketing and Strategic Planning
- Managerial Epidemiology and Population Health for Healthcare Organizations
- Operations Management in Healthcare
- Organizational Behavior, Leadership & Human Resource Management
- Health Administration Master's Capstone
Electives (choose two):
- Business Communication for Healthcare Administrators
- Introduction to Health Informatics
- Emergency Management in Healthcare
- Introduction to Data Science
- Intro to Genomics
Careers and Outcomes
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 18% growth in the health administration industry from 2018 to 2028 — much faster than the average for all occupations. The MS degree from USciences Online prepares you to become a leader capable of making impactful quality improvements while managing healthcare operations, improving organizational structures, and influencing policy.
- Will possess an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Will have earned an undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.3
- May transfer up to 12 credits of prior coursework with grades of 2.3 or better upon admission
- May submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended directly to GradCAS Transcript Processing Center, PO Box 9217, Watertown, MA 02471
For International Students:
- TOEFL score of at least 80, OR
- IELTS score of at least 6.5, OR
- Have completed an undergraduate degree from an English-speaking college or university. If the institution is in the U.S., the institution must be regionally accredited.
Reach the next level in the rapidly growing field of health management with an MS degree in Health Administration from USciences Online.