Healthcare systems need forward-thinking leaders who understand the legal, political, and market forces that impact an organization. With a graduate certificate in Health Administration from USciences Online with Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, you’re prepared to make lasting change.
Learn to Lead Strategically
How can you best use data and evidence to make decisions that improve organizational performance? How do laws and regulations affect the delivery of health services? Your online courses will help you explore the answers while providing you with an understanding of the structures of the U.S. health system and the essential topics of health information systems.
- 4 Courses8 weeks each
- 12 Credits3 per course
- 2+ Termsup to 2 courses per term
Courses, Electives and Curriculum
Further your studies without interrupting your career. Our 100% online courses have professionals in mind and offer practical learning around the challenges and opportunities in health administration management.
- Introduction to Health Delivery and Administration
- Understanding Health Information Systems
- Healthcare Law, Regulation & Ethics
- Healthcare Quality Improvement
Careers and Outcomes
Health administration is already a strong field with over 400,000 jobs in medical and health services in 2018 alone. In part due to an aging population, the employment of medical and health services managers is projected to grow 18% from 2018 to 2028, much faster than the average for all occupations. Your USciences Online Certificate in Health Administration will enable you to advance your career and drive important change in the field. You’ll gain a strong background in accounting and finance, human resources, marketing, information systems, and government policy and will know how to act strategically for optimal performance.
- Will possess an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Will have earned an undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.5
- May transfer up to 3 credits of coursework with a 2.5 GPA or better
- May submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended directly to GradCAS Transcript Processing Center, PO Box 9217, Watertown, MA 02471
Learn from accomplished, experienced faculty and push your career to the next level with a Graduate Certificate in Health Administration from USciences Online.