Genome-based strategies will profoundly change how we detect, diagnose, and treat disease. Understand the principles and applications of genomics and advance your career with a master’s degree from USciences Online with Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Drive the Future of Healthcare
A young field with enormous potential, genomics is the future of healthcare. Genome-based research has already led to the development of improved diagnostics and better decision-making tools for doctors and patients. The USciences Online Master’s Degree in Genomics emphasizes comprehensive study of this exciting discipline, including the newest concepts and approaches. Courses cover the essential competencies in genetic and genomic education in the health sciences for use across multiple disciplines.
- 12 Courses8 weeks each
- 36 Credits3 per course
- 12 Terms1 course per term
Courses, Electives, and Curriculum
Earn your master’s degree on your schedule with our 100% online, career-focused curriculum. You’ll complete practical coursework addressing real-world challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and the vast opportunities in the field.
- Introduction to Genomics
- Genetic Concepts Testing and Translation to Healthcare
- Ethical, Legal, Social Issues in Genomics and Pharmacogenomics
- Cancer Genomics and Applications for Genomics in Health and Disease
- Principles of Genetics
- Chromosomes and Human Disease
- Molecular Basis of Human Inherited Disease
- Clinical Applications of Genetics and Genomics
- Evolutionary Analysis
- Human Population Genetics
- Public Health Genetics
- Genomic Statistics and Research
Careers and Outcomes
Genomics is at the forefront of an era of truly personalized medicine. Employment projections reflect this. According to The Bureau of Labor Statistics, job prospects for genetic counselors will increase 27% between 2018 and 2028. And the global genomics market is projected to reach $35.7 billion by 2024, up from $18.9 billion in 2019. Earning your Master’s Degree in Genomics from USciences Online increases your scientific expertise and expands your career possibilities across a spectrum of business, science, and healthcare fields.
- Will possess an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Will have earned an undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.5
- May transfer up to 12 credits of coursework with a 2.5 GPA or better
- May submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended directly to GradCAS Transcript Processing Center, PO Box 9217, Watertown, MA 02471
Further your education with theoretical and practical training and establish yourself as an expert with a Master’s Degree in Genomics from USciences Online.