The science of genomics is drastically changing the field of medicine—it’s your time to learn more. Develop a strong foundation of knowledge to quickly advance your career with a graduate certificate from USciences Online with Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Welcome to the Cutting Edge of Healthcare
We have only scratched the surface regarding the true potential of genomics. The field continues evolving at a breakneck pace, with untold discoveries yet to come. The USciences Online Graduate Certificate in Genomics deepens your understanding of this exciting discipline, including its current and future applications and many ethical considerations. Courses build upon each other, addressing essential competencies in genetic and genomic education in the health sciences for use across multiple disciplines.
- 4 Courses8 weeks each
- 12 Credits3 per course
- 2+ Termsup to 2 courses per term
Courses, Electives, and Curriculum
Our 100% online, career-focused curriculum includes practical coursework addressing real-world challenges and opportunities.
- Introduction to Genomics
- Genetic Concepts Testing and Translation to Healthcare
- Ethical, Legal, and Social Issues in Genomics and Pharmacogenomics
- Cancer Genomics and Applications of Genomics in Health and Disease
Careers and Outcomes
The employment of genetic counselors is projected to skyrocket—27% between 2018 and 2028, according to The Bureau of Labor Statistics. And the global genomics market is projected to reach $35.7 billion by 2024, up from $18.9 billion in 2019. Earning your Graduate Certificate in Genomics from USciences Online increases your scientific acumen and expands your career possibilities across a spectrum of business, science, and healthcare fields.
- Will possess an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Will have earned an undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.3
- May transfer 3 credits toward the certificate with a 2.3 achieved in the course being transferred
- May submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended directly to GradCAS Transcript Processing Center, PO Box 9217, Watertown, MA 02471
For International Students:
- TOEFL score of at least 80, OR
- IELTS score of at least 6.5, OR
- Have completed an undergraduate degree from an English-speaking college or university. If the institution is in the U.S., the institution must be regionally accredited.
Further your education and advance your career with a Graduate Certificate in Genomics from USciences Online.