Health Administration, MS
The healthcare field is projected to grow faster than any other industry, and needs strong leaders to guide it into the future.Demand for management-level positions in the healthcare administration field . You can reach the next level of this rapidly growing field with a 100% online master’s in health administration. The USciences Online MS in Health Administration program will provide an in-depth understanding of essential topics such as health law, financial management, research, and operations within an array of health delivery settings. And you’ll learn from expert faculty in rigorous courses that address real-world challenges in healthcare.
Throughout the 12-course program, you’ll master the communication, quantitative-analysis, critical-thinking, and management skills to make a significant impact on healthcare institutions. You’ll also learn how to support organizations in meeting community needs using data and evidence. Each eight-week course focuses on essential topics, including health law, financial management, research, and operations in an array of health delivery settings. Then choose two three-credit electives to enhance your skill learning.
Upon graduation, you’ll be able to:
- Use accounting principles to manage budgets, conduct financial analyses, and monitor an organization’s financial performance
- Assess population health with epidemiological methods and health indicators.
- Understand organizational behavior and human resource management principles necessary to engage and motivate employees and teams towards executing their organization’s mission
- Discuss federal, state, and local laws and regulations that impact the delivery of health services
The MS in Health Administration includes practical coursework based on the American College of Healthcare Executives competencies. You can transfer up to 12 credits of prior coursework with a 2.3 GPA or better upon admission.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an 32% growth in medical and health services manager employment from 2019 to 2029—much faster than the average for all occupations.
With a master’s in health administration, you could pursue a career as a:
- Hospital Administrator
- Clinical Administrator
- Nursing Home Administrator
- Insurance Underwriter
- Health Information Manager
- Healthcare Program Director
* Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Take the Next Step Toward Your Career Goals
More Helpful Resources
One course TUITION-FREE for each three courses completed