Medical Cannabis Retail Operations and Sales, Undergraduate Certificate
This 100% online certificate is designed to help you enter the emerging medical cannabis field, providing you with foundational knowledge of the industry and medical cannabis products.The expanding popularity and availability of medical cannabis has created a variety of job opportunities at all levels. Earning your certificate from USciences Online will help you understand not only the finer points of the industry, but also the biological effects of cannabis products and how to communicate them to patients and providers.
This four-course program is one of the only professional certificate programs of its kind. The USciences Online faculty, experts in the business side of medical cannabis, prepare you to launch your own rewarding career. Your courses cover essential information for succeeding in the retail environment, including specialized health communications, cannabis sales and marketing, and supply chain management.
You’ll emerge from the program with highly marketable skills and demonstrated knowledge of:
- How cannabis is produced and distributed in the United States
- Patient and provider communication
- Marketing opportunities in the medical cannabis industry
- The role of product specialists
- The cannabis growth cycle and parts of the plant used for medicinal purposes
- Best practices and regulations related to selling and marketing cannabis
- Key components of day-to-day dispensary management and operations
According to the latest Cannabis Industry Salary Guide, the legal cannabis industry in the United States had an estimated 211,000 full-time employees in 2019. That number was up 44% from the year before, per the 2019 Cannabis Jobs Count from Leafly, and figures to grow further in the coming years as medical cannabis earns legal status in more states (now 33). There are expected to be more than 400,000 full-time employees in the legal cannabis industry by 2021.
Average hourly wages for frontline workers in the cannabis industry, like sales associates and post harvesters, range from $13.90 to $14.90, according to the Cannabis Industry Salary Guide.
* Source: The Marijuana Industry Looks Like the Fastest-Growing Job Market in the Country, CNBC.com, March 14, 2019