Health Administration, Graduate Certificate
The 100% online health administration graduate certificate is designed for working professionals who want to become the forward-thinking, strategic leaders the healthcare industry needs.In partnership with Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, the USciences Online certificate in health administration program will help you navigate the legal, political, and market forces that impact a healthcare organization. This graduate certificate is perfect for working professionals, recent graduates, and anyone looking to make a career change in health administration. You’ll benefit from expert faculty, robust coursework, and access to Geisinger’s Proven Portfolio system, focused on delivering the best care every time with every patient.
Throughout this four-course program, you’ll gain an in-depth understanding of the structures and functions of the U.S. health system. Each eight-week course will explore essential topics such as health information systems, healthcare law, and healthcare ethics. Learn from innovative, accomplished faculty who are experts in their field.
Upon completion, you’ll be able to:
- Understand insurance, finances, delivery settings, and workforce needs of the industry
- Use data and evidence to make informed decisions that improve organizational performance
- Discuss federal, state, and local laws and regulations that impact the delivery of health services
- Analyze an organization’s structure, processes, and outcome as they pertain to continuous quality improvement
- Demonstrate an understanding of the link between cost and quality
You can transfer up to three credits of coursework with a 2.3 GPA or better to the certificate. Credits earned during the program count toward the USciences Online MS in Health Administration.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 18% growth in medical and health services manager employment from 2018 to 2028—much more than the average for all occupations. Healthcare administrators can work in a variety of settings, including public and private hospitals, clinics, senior care facilities, or government programs.
* Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Take the Next Step Toward Your Career Goals
More Helpful Resources
One course TUITION-FREE for each three courses completed