The Business of Medical Marijuana and the Cannabis Industry, Graduate Certificate
The medical cannabis industry is booming, and you’ll stand out as an expert in the field after completing this 100% online graduate certificate program.As of now, 33 states have legalized marijuana for medical use, and cannabis spending in general is projected to reach $31.6 billion in 2022, according to Forbes. Opportunities abound for professionals capable of managing retail dispensary staff and operations. Earning your USciences Online graduate certificate elevates your knowledge in all aspects of the business. The program is designed to accommodate working professionals, recent graduates, and those seeking a rewarding career in retail medical cannabis.
As you move through the four eight-week courses, you’ll acquire extensive understanding of what it takes to succeed in the medical cannabis retail market. Expert faculty will take you inside the industry with a career-focused curriculum of real-world coursework spanning key functions related to marketing and sales, finance, regulations, and supply chain management.
Upon completing the program, you’ll have the ability to:
- Understand how cannabis is produced, processed, and sold in the United States
- Create a marketing plan for a cannabis-specific product or service
- Analyze the operations of a cannabis dispensary and the role of ancillary businesses in its successful operation
- Determine the financial and legal requirements to operate a successful cannabis business
- Discuss how the regulatory environment impacts the cannabis industry
You can transfer up to 3 credits of coursework with a 2.3 GPA or better to the certificate.
Few sectors right now can keep pace with the momentum and career possibilities of the medical cannabis field. From 2019 to 2020, the legal marijuana industry as a whole added nearly 34,000 new jobs, making it America’s fastest-growing industry.
With the expansion of dispensaries in a multi-billion-dollar sector, owners and operators need product specialists, operations managers, and sales and marketing managers with focused skills built on a solid foundation of the sciences.
The most in demand jobs include managerial positions requiring an advanced understanding of cannabis products and local regulations. Pay for cannabis jobs exceeds the median salary for U.S. workers, according to a report from Glassdoor, while outside sales representatives can earn six-figure salaries, according to CNBC.
* Source: The Marijuana Industry Looks Like the Fastest-Growing Job Market in the Country, CNBC.com, March 14, 2019.