Public Health, BS
Public health covers a broad spectrum of vital services, including controlling infectious diseases, reducing environmental hazards, and educating communities. Prepare to make your own contributions to the field on your own time with the 100% online BS in Public Health program.The COVID-19 pandemic underscored the importance of public health professionals and the true scope of the field’s contributions. It’s no surprise that U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projections show faster than average growth rates for many jobs in public health, including environmental science, clinical lab technologists, and community health workers. Earning your BS in Public Health from USciences Online connects you to a new world of career possibilities.
Building on nearly two centuries of educating leaders in pharmacy and health care, USciences prepares you to understand, measure, and promote good health practices at individual, community, national, and global levels.
Throughout this 100% online program, you’ll learn about the history and values of public health, the human disease process, theories of health behavior, and the contexts that benefit or harm health. You’ll acquire foundational skills in areas such as biostatistics, epidemiology, policy analysis, and program planning and evaluation.
Upon completing the BS program in Public Health, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the biological basis of human health and disease at individual and population levels
- Identify sources of public health data and use data to guide decision-making
- Demonstrate how to perform statistical analysis and interpret results
- Design and evaluate public health programs
- Communicate health information effectively with diverse audiences
- Apply theory to improve individual and population health behavior
- Evaluate the ethical and legal dimension of health policy alternatives
- Explain how health disparities arise from behavioral, sociocultural, and environmental contexts
You can transfer up to 90 credits of coursework with a 2.0 GPA or better to this BS degree.
Your BS in Public Health from USciences Online prepares you for numerous rewarding careers in the healthcare industry, public health departments, and nongovernmental agencies. For many public health positions, job growth and salaries are projected to outpace averages for the next several years.
Health educators and community health worker positions, for example, are expected to grow 11% by 2028, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Environmental science and specialist careers are expected to grow 8% in that same period, according to BLS.