Health Administration, BS
Demand remains high for expert health administrators capable of not only managing, but improving the health delivery system in the U.S. This 100% online program puts you on the path to do just that.Making a difference in healthcare matters to you. It’s just one of the reasons why you’re drawn to a career in health administration. USciences Online prepares you to enter and thrive in a field tasked with the vital mission of delivering high-quality, accessible care. Along with the primary rewards of contributing to a healthier population, you’ll enjoy a career with higher than average salaries and upward mobility.
As evidenced by the recent COVID-19 crisis, global health challenges and care delivery are changing at a breakneck pace. The online BS in Health Administration program at USciences Online helps you keep pace.
Through a mix of didactic and practical learning opportunities that fit your schedule, you’ll gain the foundational skills needed to become an effective manager and industry leader.
Upon completing the online program, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss the organization and financing of the U.S. healthcare system
- Describe the political, environmental, historical, and technological context of the healthcare industry
- Apply common administrative, technological, communication, and theoretical concepts to the management of health care processes
- Recognize the skills needed to direct and motivate employees to perform safely and effectively
- Use management information systems and display proficiency in utilizing industry-specific software programs
- Apply data analytics, critical thinking, and practical skills in financial management, research, strategic health planning, and organization
You can transfer up to 90 credits of coursework with a 2.0 GPA or better to your Health Administration BS. Transfer a full 60 credits (half of a bachelor's degree) from an associate's degree you've earned at a regionally accredited school.
While the healthcare field is changing quickly, the job prospects remain excellent. Health administrators can earn a median salary of $100,980 with job growth in the next eight years predicted to reach 18%, much faster than the average for all occupations, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Medical and health services manager was ranked #2 on U.S. News & World Report’s Best Business Jobs list, with an estimated 71,600 jobs opening between 2018 and 2028. The job also rated above average for upward mobility and flexibility.
Answering a call to help through healthcare management means different things to different people, and your degree in health administration positions you to pursue job opportunities in hospitals, doctor’s offices, clinics, labs, and pharmacies.>
*Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Take the Next Step Toward Your Career Goals
More Helpful Resources
One course TUITION-FREE for each three courses completed