Data Science & Analytics, BS
Data is the fuel of the future, propelling seismic breakthroughs in all walks of life. and data scientists are responsible to gather it, provide valuable analysis and extract necessary insights.Prepare to join the field of the future by earning your BS in Data Science & Analytics at USciences Online. For the last five years, “data scientist” has consistently ranked among the best jobs in America. In fact, Harvard Business Review called it the “sexiest job of the 21st Century.” Like the field itself, employment opportunities are skyrocketing, with a growth rate far outpacing the average for other occupations. That makes the ideal time to start our 100% online program NOW.
Through this 120 credit online program, you’ll learn how to collect, manage, and analyze data. You’ll develop proficiency in areas like statistics, data visualization, computer science, and data collection that are vital to a multitude of fields, from business and gaming to medicine to public health. You’ll learn to ask research questions that generate data for actionable insights.
Upon completing the BS program in Data Science & Analytics, you’ll be able to:
- Create visualization and infographics to illustrate findings from data analysis
- Understand the steps needed to create a database and the aspects of good database management
- Explain the role of statistics in data science and apply these concepts to analyzing data
- Use computer software programs to perform data analysis and data management
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different approaches to answering research questions and solving problems in data science
- Integrate classroom lessons and activities into real data science projects and internships
You can transfer up to 90 credits of coursework with a 2.0 GPA or better to this BS degree.
Now, and for the foreseeable future, big data brings big career opportunities. Employment of computer and information research scientists, of which data scientist is a subset, is expected to grow 16% from 2018 to 2028, which is much faster than the average for all occupations, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
For the last five years, data scientist has been rated in the top three best jobs in America, according to an annual report published by Glassdoor. Data scientist occupied the number one spot four out of five times. It’s also a consistently high-paying job, with a 2019 average salary of $122,840 per year, according to BLS. Since 2013, the amount of job postings for data science positions has more than tripled on job platform Indeed.
*Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics